Albi 69X1732 INCRALAC® represents a modern breakthrough in clear, air-dry coatings for copper base alloys. In an extensive research program initiated by the International Copper Research Association (INCRA), INCRALAC® was found to provide the best protection for copper and brass of all air-dry coatings tested. Formulated from a blend of acrylic resins, INCRALAC® also contains a U.V. absorber and a chelating agent to inhibit under-film corrosion. Also available in a semi-gloss: 69X1990.
The Best Clear Coating for Copper or Copper-based Alloys
Clear Protective Coating which preserves the original salmon color of copper and arrest patina formation on exposed Copper elements.
Fully tested per ASTM Standards.
Stable up to 2 years from date of manufacture if kept in tightly closed containers.
To order please contact Cathy Nye;
Phone: (860) 828-2164
Typical markets for Incralac include:
The distinctive colors of copper and copper alloys make them prized for architectural and consumer items and objects of art.
The natural weathering of copper is a direct result of the mild corrosive attack of airborne sulfur compounds, principally stemming from the combustion of fossil fuels.
As natural weathering proceeds, the exposed copper surface changes in hue. During the initial weeks of exposure, radical color changes often take place and are soon replaced by relatively uniform russet-brown shades.
Preserving the hundreds of outdoor bronze statues a never-ending process. After the statues are cleaned, they are coated with Incralac. Incralac is made under license to the International Copper Association, New York City. One of its primary ingredients is benzotriazole, which protects copper against corrosion. The lacquer coatings can last from two to ten years, depending on where the statue is located.
- Clear coatings are used to prevent the oxidation and tarnishing of copper, brass and bronze utilized in decorative areas, mainly interiors, as well as in architectural elements exposed to the environment.
- Incralac is a clear, high gloss, air-dry coating for copper and copper-base alloys such as bronze. Incralac works equally as well on brass and aluminum. In an extensive research program initiated by the International Copper Research Association (INCRA),
- Incralac was found to provide the best protection for copper and brass of all air-dry coatings tested.
- Incralac is designed specifically for clear-coating copper alloys (brass, bronze). It resists the attack of UV making it ideal for outdoor use.
- Incralac is applicable for either interior or exterior applications.
- It is VOC compliant and meets all LEED standards.
The surface to receive Incralac must be thoroughly buffed and made chemically clean. The metal should be treated with a copper cleaner. After removal of the cleaner, it should be possible to wipe the metal with a cloth, which has been dampened with a solvent compatible with that cleaner. The surface will then be sufficiently clean for the application of the coating.