Typical markets for FP include;
Albi Clad FP is the perfect solution for fireproofing and leaving a smooth architectural finish on new wood construction. Renovations, both historical and commercial, are ideal applications for Albi Clad FP. Not only does its attractive finish help maintain and retain the historic character of older buildings, it provides uncompromising fire safety as well.
Albi Clad FP can be used to fireproof sheetrock, either by design or in cases of defective construction. In instances where the wall board was incorrectly attached, installed horizontally or with non-staggering joints, Albi Clad FP provided a viable alternative fire rating to re-doing the work. There are times when the installed sheetrock doesn’t provide the proper rating. For example, Type X sheetrock may have been used instead of Type C. Albi Clad FP can enhance the fire rating without potentially costly replacement.
Albi Clad FP provides a one hour rating to architectural tin ceilings in both new and existing conditions. A 40 mil application of Albi Clad FP not only provides the one hour rating, it also preserves the design and look of a renovated tin ceiling.
Benefits of using FP
- Fully compliant with EPA VOC air quality standards, limits and regulations
- An attractive interior finish that conforms to building codes and insurance requirements for fireproofing
- UL Classified
- Maintains contour of the substrate, and preserves details
- Architectural, decorative finish
- Ideal for both new construction and historic renovations
- UL tested for resistance to high humidity, aging, industrial atmosphere (CO2 /SO2), and washing.
- Albi Clad FP is ideal for interior wood columns, beams, trusses and other exposed structural elements.
- Available in 55 gallon drums and five gallon pails